The Phonatics Group brings together researchers across the Northwestern University community
that are interested in all aspects of sound structure and processing.
We examine a wide variety of issues in various populations using a variety of methods.
Subscribe to the Phonatics mailing list here.
- Perception, production and acquisition of first and second languages
- Dynamics of language: experience-related plasticity; diachronic change
- Generalized speech intelligibility
- Language and music: Parallels and interactions
- Individual-to-population level sound systems
- Mono- and multilingual
- Infant, young adult and elderly
- Acquired and developmental disorders
- Acoustic phonetics
- Experimental psycholinguistics
- Functional and structural neuroimaging; electrophysiology
- Formal analysis; mathematical and statistical modeling
- Machine learning and natural language processing